The Sektion Wirbelsäule [Spine Section] deals with all the medical aspects of the spine.
- Preservation and further development of a well-established spine-group under the umbrella of the DGOU
- Active participation with, and representation of the interests for members interested in aspects of the spine within the DGOU
- Advisory function for the DGOU president and committees in specialist issues
- Development and revision of scientific projects and questions
- Support and participation in forming the DKOU
- Representation of interests relating to orthopaedics/trauma surgery in the German Spine Society [Deutschen Wirbelsäulen-Gesellschaft] (DWG). The presidents are ex-officio members of the DWG board